If your kids (or you) are feeling a bit of sensory overload with all the colorful, plastic, and noisy toys, these 30 best unique wooden toys will simplify the playroom.
Natural unique wooden toys bring a sense of peace and calm to play spaces that allow a child’s imagination to take over. Instead of the chaos of toys that are audibly and visually noisy, these beautiful and simple toys are perfect for keeping kids entertained with a minimalist aesthetic your inner interior designer will love too.
What is this? It looks so simple… just a bent board. But trust me, kids of all ages LOVE these things. We still have a plastic one I picked up from a second-hand shop, but a wooden balance board is on my list of must-get toys for my household. Kids love trying to balance, rock, or spin on this and they can even flip them over to create a bridge for pretend play. One of the unique wooden toys that will get tons of use.
For a bit of muted color, the beloved Grimm’s rainbow is always a favorite (this one in pastel). It can be used in a multitude of ways, and one of the most obvious is as beautiful decor! But they are also awesome toys worth the price. I purchased a Grimm’s knockoff, and never again. It just wasn’t made with the same quality or functionality. Not one of the unique wooden toys for wooden toy lovers, but a must-buy for a first wooden toy.
Skip the plastic kitchens and opt for this totally cute wooden kitchen! Hape play kitchens are well-loved and have tons of great reviews on Amazon. Add this to your list of unique wooden toys that will get years and years of play.
MELISSA & DOUG FOOD GROUPS – WOODEN PLAY FOOD (PRETEND PLAY, 21 HAND-PAINTED WOODEN PIECES AND 4 CRATES)
Fill the kitchen with lots of cool wooden foods for play!
This simple wooden tea set is perfect for all your child’s tea parties. It’s super neutral, and the weight of wood vs. the typical plastic sets you find in a lot of toy stores will add some realism to your child’s playtime.
Imagine this beauty hanging from your favorite backyard tree! Not only will your little unicorn lover be delighted by flying high in this gorgeous swing, but it is easy on the eyes too.
Stacking toys are a classic, and offer a great chance for kids to practice essential motor skills. Plus, they can be reimagined for other play uses as children grow.
How adorable is this pretend play camera? My daughter loved taking pictures when she was tiny, and still does, but of course I couldn’t just let her run around all day with my iPhone. I wish I would have gotten her one of these!
This grasping toy for babies is a fan favorite. Even as an adult it looks so interesting! I just want to figure out where all those strings are going, and babies will be transfixed too. It’s such a fun toy and definitely one of the unique wooden toys that babies will love.
These sweet little animal teethers are must-haves in a baby toy box, especially for a woodland themed nursery!
A classic, these beautiful wooden blocks will last for ages. My toddlers and preschooler all play with alphabet blocks, the younger just stacking and the older building castles!
The perfect wooden toys for kids of nearly all ages. These classic wooden vehicles are sold separately but are affordable at between $4-8 each. So getting all three is pretty reasonable for this classic wooden Truck, Airplane, and Train.
Sold separately, but pairing nicely together are these two simple wooden toys for stacking and learning shapes. Not many other toys are better for toddlers than the Natural Shape Stacker and Shape Sorter Bench.
My twins have a car ramp similar to this one, and I WISH I had found this one first because it is even cooler. I’m sure if they had this one it would be played with even more than the current one, which is definitely on their all-time favs list.
Take playtime on the road with this foldable wooden dollhouse. Simple and neutral to allow for tons of imaginative play, this little dollhouse can go anywhere with you, and especially from room to room in the house.
My parents got me a set of this type of block as a kid, and my mom STILL has it. The wood has held up so well, and my kids now get to have lots of memories building castles with the very same blocks.
DIY your toys with this fairy peg doll kit!
Make some music! All three of my kids get going with these instruments. It gets loud, but it is so much fun!
Or give a little harp a try for some more relaxed and mellow music making.
What is the most popular wooden toy?
The Grimm’s wooden rainbow is iconic, but wooden play kitchens as well as wooden teethers and rattles are extremely popular. Another inexpensive and really popular unique wooden toy that kids love are peg dolls. You can purchase them painted as any character you want, or buy them natural and let your kids imagination go. DIY peg doll sets like this are also perfect for crafty kids.
Are wooden baby toys better?
Wooden baby toys are usually non-toxic, made of natural materials, and very aesthetically pleasing. “Better” is in the eye of the beholder, but if you can afford unique wooden toys, then they are a great investment because they will typically last longer than plastic and might even be a heirloom someday.
How do you disinfect wooden toys?
Simply wipe down your unique wooden toys with an EPA-approved cleaning product. You can find the list here.
WHAT DO YOU THINK? ARE ANY OF THESE YOUR FAVORITES, OR YOUR CHILDREN’S FAVS? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS WHICH UNIQUE WOODEN TOYS YOU LOVE.
- The 10 Best Toddler Shampoo and Conditioner in 2021Sharing is caring! Facebook Twitter Pinterest Want to make sure your toddler has some gorgeous locks? Keep reading for all the best toddler shampoo and conditioner plus hair care products for easier do’s. …
- What to Wear After Giving Birth: the Best Options According to Real MomsYay! You’re having a baby. Working on that hospital bag checklist and not sure what to wear after giving birth? I’ve got you covered. Postpartum is such a beautiful, messy, sensitive, loving, and …
- Supplies for Pumping at Work: 7 things You Truly NeedGoing back to work after maternity leave can be so hard, but having the right supplies for pumping at work can help smooth the process a little. These 7 supplies for pumping at …
- Similac Advance vs. Pro Advance – What’s the Difference?Similac Advance vs. Pro Advance… which formula should you choose? You’re in the right place. If you’ve narrowed your choices down to Similac Advance vs Pro Advance, but just can’t make up your …
- 12+ Best Outdoor Toys for One Year Old They’ll LoveGetting outside is so important for little ones to get fresh air and run off some energy, not to mention it’s great for mama too! This is our list of the best outdoor …
- The 20 Best Baby Receiving Blankets: Why You Need ThemBaby receiving blankets are a must-have on any baby registry. They’re so versatile and useful, that almost every new parent will swear by always having them on hand. But there’s a lot of …