Are you a new mom (or expecting mom) looking for the best mom blogs to follow? Here are 10 mom blogs to read with stellar advice for you.
Being a parent is… a journey to say the least. Since most of us are missing our village to support us, we lean to each other via social media and the internet nowadays. It’s essential to have some go-to mom blogs to follow for some inspiration and advice. That’s why I scoured the internet to find some awesome mom bloggers with some specific blog posts for new moms that have will help you rock motherhood.
These 10 mom blogs to read each have a post that will give you a piece of advice that all moms need to hear if they are a new or expecting mom.
Learn the old wives’ tales for predicting if it’s a boy or girl from Momma McGovern
Even if you plan to keep your baby’s gender a surprise until birth, it’s fun to play with these old wives’ tales. I must admit, I’ve tried a few of them! Read this post from Momma McGovern on 10 old wives’ tales for predicting gender.
Learn to relax
I used Hypnobabies to have a natural birth and can vouch first-hand for the power of relaxation during childbirth. It is so helpful in attaining whatever your birth goals are!
Bethany Dykman breaks down why you should learn how to relax while pregnant in this post on Strength Love Birth.
Prepare for witching hour
The witching hour. OMG. It’s so hard. But Laura Epstein from the Messy Bun Life shares some sanity-saving tips for new moms to survive the witching hour with a newborn.
Create a visual birth plan
If you want your birth team to have a super easy to reference document with your birth preferences clearly outlined, then consider a visual birth plan.
Check out one of the best mom blogs to read on creating a visual birth plan from Messy Buns and Mom Jeans.
It’s only natural that on a list of mom blogs, we include this one right? I mean, how could I skip my own blog on a list of mom blogs to read?
Amazon is our favorite place to get your baby registry started, and we talk all about why in this post. Plus, I walk you through a short video of how to navigate and add to your baby registry on Amazon.
(You can also head right over to Amazon to start your registry right now.)
Have a scheduled C-section?
Whether it’s your ideal birth or not, a C-section is a serious surgery, and it can be a bit intimidating, to say the least. But you can learn from mamas who have been there.
Read this post from Motherhood in May to prep. Learn the best ways to prepare for a scheduled C-section, what to expect during the procedure, and how to start healing afterward.
Start thinking about postpartum
If you’re like me, you didn’t really think much about postpartum until you were smack dab in the middle of it, which can be a super challenging time. Not a lot of people warn you about what to expect and how to cope.
Luckily, My Mom Crew was able to chat with an OB-GYN about warning signs when it comes to postpartum. In this post, they share what is totally normal during postpartum recovery and when to start to worry. Definitely, one of the must mom blogs to read.
I love this one because a lot of mom blogs to read don’t have expert advice to lean on.
Sleep tips you don’t read on all mom blogs!
Babies don’t sleep.
Ok. They actually sleep a ton usually! It’s just not always at the times we want them to sleep, which leads to the mombie. You know, the overtired mom who barely functions because our brains have been hijacked by adorable tiny humans and sleep deprivation?
Check out this post from Mommy N’ More with some awesome and totally realistic tips on how to deal with newborn sleep.
Breastfeeding + Working
Breastfeeding is hard enough, but add working outside the home to the mix? That can get tough. I remember the days of sneaking out of meetings ASAP to relieve some pressure.
But with a plan and the right tools it is absolutely doable. After successfully pumping at work for over a year with my first, I can say I love these tips from This Mom Life, and it had to be on the list of mom blogs to read.
All the newborn tips
When you become a new mom and finally bring that baby home, you will start asking questions you never ever thought of before.
Hopefully, these awesome 21 newborn tips from Real Mom Recs will get you ahead of the game.
No matter how many mom blogs you read, you are never fully prepared to become a mom for the first millionth time. But hopefully, these awesome posts from essential mom blogs to read will help ease the transition just a little.
- Similac Advance vs. Pro Advance – What’s the Difference?Sharing is caring! Facebook Twitter Pinterest Similac Advance vs. Pro Advance… which formula should you choose? You’re in the right place. If you’ve narrowed your choices down to Similac Advance …
- The 20 Best Baby Receiving Blankets: Why You Need ThemBaby receiving blankets are a must-have on any baby registry. They’re so versatile and useful, that almost every new parent will swear by always having them on hand. But there’s …
- 8 Essential Ways How to Get A Baby to Sleep Longer Stretches at NightSleepless nights are rough, and as a new parent they can drag on for so long! But you don’t have to sleep train to help baby sleep through the night. …
- How to Survive the Four Month Sleep RegressionThe four month sleep regression is one of the most dreaded phases of parenting. It can be so hard to get through this developmental leap. That’s why I’m sharing how …
- 20+ Best Unique Wooden Toys for Kids and BabiesIf your kids (or you) are feeling a bit of sensory overload with all the colorful, plastic, and noisy toys, these 30 best unique wooden toys will simplify the playroom. …
- The 10 Baby Developmental Leaps: Essential Knowledge for ParentsDealing with cranky kids is rough, but if you want to take those extra fussy baby days in stride then knowing baby developmental leaps is essential! We’ve all been there. …